[Perl] Lecture suggestions

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Oct 13 00:25:09 PDT 2002

Hello.

I will be working on creating Perl interface to a C implementation
of a Suffix-Tree. The Perl interface will be a CPAN module where you
can use the suffix-tree implementation in Perl programs.

I will learn how to create such a Perl interface to the C library
and how to package all this in a CPAN module which can then be
installed everywhre you can install Perl (this is not as obvious
as one might think it is, as C code and libraries are involved here).

Once I have it all worked out - I am sure I'll know many things I do
not know now - and I suppose some of you Perl Mongers might also be
interesting to learn how to do such things.

I can give a lecture (Gabor, when is the next free lecture slot available?)
describing this little project including all the perl/c c/cpan cpan/perl
interfaces.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il