[Perl] OOP presentation

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sat Oct 12 23:27:19 PDT 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Mark Veltzer has volunteered to give a presentation about OOP on the
> meeting in December and he asked me which level should he aim at ?
>
> I guess it would be good to start with an Intro to OOP and hope that
> other people who know Perl but don't know OOP will also come to learn
> and then maybe at another meeting he can talk about advanced stuff in OOP.
>
> What do you people say ?

In my opinion, the speaker shour assume that the audience has OOP education
or experience of some sort, so he does not have to explain OO terminology
but rather just broefly define some terms which will be used during the lecture.

I would prefer having two lectures (or more) on this subject, from the basics,
as Perl implemtns OO in a very interesting way, actually, implementing the OO
over Perl rather than having built in OO constructs. So I would like to see how
to do OO programming in Perl from the basics, seeing interesting concepts and
their implementation in Perl.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il