[Perl] have we sorted it out ?

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sat Oct 12 23:18:56 PDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> 1) Is there any volunteer writing about the meeting ?

I would love reading other summaries as well.

> 2) If we would like a place with better transportation
>       (e.g. next to  Arlozoroz) and with a projector
>       then we should start looking for it now, way before the
>       next meeting which is on 7th of November by Yevgeny Menaker.
>       --> http://www.perl.org.il/20021107.html
>       So if you can and would like to provide place now it is the time
>       to speak up !

I can suggest a place where I know free Linux lectures are given. It is
in Sivan. I saw many times on www.whatsup.co.il notices about it.
Perhaps, due to the open-source nature of Perl, they might let us host
our meetings there.

I can always host you guys at Haifa university, at the C.R.I., where the
Haifa Perl lectures are taking place weekly.
I guess, that not many of you guys would like to come that far (though,
I saw at least three people from Haifa who came to the last Perl Mongers
meeting in Tel-Aviv...).

> 3) Next time whoever gives book review
>     (and there should be at least one!)
>     should do it better than I did and with a strict time limit
>     of max 5 minutes. We should start on time so the main
>     presenter will have enough time.
>     (Sorry Shlomo for shortening your sort time :-)

I can give a book review on the book I loaned (I'm half way through it
already) - the book is
		Extending and Embedding Perl
                 by Tim Jenness, Simon Cozens

I will also try to write down my review and have Gabor place the book
review on the perl.org.il site, so Manning would give us more books.

Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il