[Perl] have we sorted it out ?

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sat Oct 12 23:18:56 PDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> 1) Is there any volunteer writing about the meeting ?

Done.
I would love reading other summaries as well.

> 2) If we would like a place with better transportation
>       (e.g. next to  Arlozoroz) and with a projector
>       then we should start looking for it now, way before the
>       next meeting which is on 7th of November by Yevgeny Menaker.
>       --> http://www.perl.org.il/20021107.html
>       So if you can and would like to provide place now it is the time
>       to speak up !

I can suggest a place where I know free Linux lectures are given. It is
in Sivan. I saw many times on www.whatsup.co.il notices about it.
Perhaps, due to the open-source nature of Perl, they might let us host
our meetings there.

I can always host you guys at Haifa university, at the C.R.I., where the
Haifa Perl lectures are taking place weekly.
I guess, that not many of you guys would like to come that far (though,
I saw at least three people from Haifa who came to the last Perl Mongers
meeting in Tel-Aviv...).

> 3) Next time whoever gives book review
>     (and there should be at least one!)
>     should do it better than I did and with a strict time limit
>     of max 5 minutes. We should start on time so the main
>     presenter will have enough time.
>     (Sorry Shlomo for shortening your sort time :-)

I can give a book review on the book I loaned (I'm half way through it
already) - the book is
		Extending and Embedding Perl
                 by Tim Jenness, Simon Cozens

I will also try to write down my review and have Gabor place the book
review on the perl.org.il site, so Manning would give us more books.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/