[Perl] have we sorted it out ?

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Fri Oct 11 13:50:23 PDT 2002

Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>>
>>Issues:
>>1) Is there any volunteer writing about the meeting ?
>>

> I suppose I can.

so go ahead and send it either to the list or to me and I post it on the
web site.

>>3) Next time whoever gives book review
>>    (and there should be at least one!)
>

> I can give a book review on "Mastering Algorithms with Perl".
great, so you are the one for next time. Please also write it down
so we can publish it on the web and we can ask for more books from the
publishers.

>>4) What do you guys suggest to make the meetings even better and
>>    to attract more people ? (Besides giving free beer which is
>>    not likely to happen)
>>    Actually we could go to a pub after the meeting to have some social
>>    life too.
>

> I think the format of the meeting is good as it is. What can be done is
> maybe have the get together be at 17:00 or 17:30 and the lectures at 18:00
> or 18:30 which could make for longer two-hours lectures a la Haifux.

I know others have hard time to come as even 18:00 is too early for them
as they have to leave work early for that. Personally I would be ready
to leave work earlier once in a month to get a larger dose of Perl lectures.
After all I learn a lot on these meeting
(e.g. that I should leave the book review to others :-)

regards
-- Gabor