[Perl] runnung a Perl script remotely

Yossi.Itzkovich at lightscapenet.com Yossi.Itzkovich at lightscapenet.com
Thu Oct 10 00:21:22 PDT 2002

                      Shlomo Yona
                      <shlomo at cs.haifa         To:      perl at perl.org.il
                      .ac.il>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [Perl] runnung a Perl script remotely
                      perl-admin at perl.
                      org.il

                      10/10/2002 11:15
                      Please respond
                      to perl

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 Yossi.Itzkovich at lightscapenet.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if the following is possible at all:
>
> I have a machine with newset Perl+ modules, and a machine in the lab
with
> old Perl (5.002) and without most of the modules.
> I want to run a script that uses newer Perl  and/or  modules  on the lab
> machine.  Is there a way to do it ?

What machine is it?
What operating system?

You can use the CPAN module and use it's installer,
or instal manually CPAN modules.

You might also be able to install this all using RPM.

--
Shlomo Yona

They are both of the same type (Solaris),  but isn't the question, because
I may not install modules there.  I mean a different solution: running the
script remotely, with modules  that are not available on the remote
machine.

Yossi