[Perl] Next Perl metting on 10.10 in Tel Aviv

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Oct 7 02:48:13 PDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> We'll meet at 18:00
> Shlomo Yona will talk about sort in Perl and I'll give a short book
> review. (see details in a previous message from Shlomo) Shlomo, actually
> you might want to resend it so people get interested)

I will give a short version of the lecture I will give tomorrow (8/10/2002)
in Haifa, on the Perl lectures series.

The topic is Sorting in Perl and I will talk about some techniques for boosting
the performance of sorting routines - also I will briefly point out the changes
in the Perl sort in Perl 5.8.

> Since then I have received two additional books from Manning:
> Data Munging (which I read now, sorry guys :-)
> and Extending and Embedding Perl.

I'd like to be the next one borrowing the Data Munging books, please.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/