[Perl] A "Makefile.PL" directory under an autoconf dominated program

Shlomi Fish shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il
Fri Oct 4 07:37:34 PDT 2002

Hi!

I'm trying to create an autoconf dominated program that installs a perl
module, thus one of the subdirs invoked perl Makefile.PL. My problem is
that its "make dist" command does not seem to be compatible with
autoconf's, and the Makefile.PL sub-dir is not included in the make dist
archive.

It seems that gimp 1.2.3 which has a similar issue, does not seem to
handle this correctly. I have no idea how the gimp people create their
archive, so I'd like to know how I should do it.

Shlomi Fish        shlomif at vipe.technion.ac.il