[Perl] recognizing symbolic links from windows

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Thu Oct 3 04:40:44 PDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Offer Kaye wrote:

> Hmmm...,

[...]

> Hope this helps :-)

What you mentioned work in local system (e.g. when dual booting)

What I have is a separate file servers and both UNIX and windows client
machines. On the fileserver there is some kind of filesystem (I have no
idea what, it is a Network Appliance as I mentioned) that can be
mounted to unix via NFS mount and seen from windows through
NetBIOS. (that is it can be mapped to a drive like q:  or seen via UNC:
\\servername\sharename\...

and I still need recognize what is a symbolic link while my Perl script
runs on windows.

-- Gabor