[Perl] recognizing symbolic links from windows

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Thu Oct 3 03:43:53 PDT 2002

I have a Network Appliance file server that is used both from UNIX and
Windows as a file server.
When looked at it from UNIX I see a directory with a bunch of
subdirectories and a bunch of symbolic links pointing to either
subdirectories in this directory or to directories in some other directory.

When running on the Windows machine on the other hand I can see only
directories and I see both the real directories and the symbolic links
as directories.

How can I find out which entry is a symbolic link and which one is a directory ?
If something is a symlink, where does it point ?

-- Gabor