[Perl] Making Navigation Bars' <ul> lists look nice in MSIE 5.0

Shlomi Fish shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il
Sat Nov 30 03:19:31 PST 2002

Hi!

I have a site in which I created the navigation bars using <ul>'s and
nested <ul> with different CSS styles:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/freecell-solver/
http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

In order for them to look nice I set out the padding-left property to 0
for the main menu and to 3em for the nested ones.

Now, it looks fine in Mozilla or in Konq but MSIE 5.0 refuses to accept
padding-left and so the menu is indented and does not look quite right.

Now, I'd like the pages I produce to be XHTML 1.0 Strict. I can settle for
a less restrictive standard like XHTML 1.0 Transitional or HTML 4.01, but
I would like it to look well in MSIE.

Shlomi Fish        shlomif at vipe.technion.ac.il