[Perl] Installation oneliners (was:perldoc and perl/tk)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Wed Nov 27 23:51:34 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On my system I use strictly rpm (and create packages when necessary). I
> still haven't made this as convimient as CPAN, though.
>
> Still, it is probably quite possible to hack the CPAN module to produce
> rpms from perl packages. If you're interested, please contact me for the
> rpm-related parts (I don't know CPAN well)

I found myself unable to access my home system yesterday and in need to
create an rpm of a perl package. A quick search in google has shown that
there are already at least two modules to do that. I tried RPM::Specfile ,
which includes the perl module RPM::Specfile and the script cpanflute2

bootstrapping (without the use of CPAN) (create a new user if you don't
want to polute your own ;-):

1. as a non-root user: download RPM-Specfile-1.09.tar.gz , extract, cd
   into directory
2. perl Makefile.PL PERFIX=$HOME; make; make install
3. cd ..; PERL5LIB=${HOME}/lib/perl_site cpanflute2 [params] RPM-Specfile-1.09.tar.gz

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il
http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir