[Perl] perldoc and perl/tk

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Mon Nov 25 23:03:26 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Offer Kaye wrote:

> The above script works fine, i.e. Perl/Tk is installed okay. So why can't I
> access the documentation?
> I'm working from Mandrake 9.0, using the default supplied Perl install
> (5.8.0).

I think it was on the list already that the perldoc in Mandrake is a
separate (and not default package). This might be a similar problem.

Have ou tried the following ?

   perldoc -l Tk

This should show the location of the module and in my case it shows a
.pod file so it seems Tk has its documentatin separated from the real code
and I guess Mandrake was on the diskspace saving side again.