[Perl] Designing the Ultimate Presentation Tool

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Wed Nov 13 00:00:15 PST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> The seminar class in latex does a number of things:
>
> - puts the slide in a frame
> - comments can be printed outside, or separately
> - fonts are larger in the slide (for the same style)
> - the slide is placed in a floating frame. It is possible to configure the
>   frame.
> - Some styles based on seminar put page counter etc. in the slide frame
>
> (I probably forgot a number of things)
>
> There are probably HTML and/or CSS equivalents for most of those.

I did a presentation using the "foils" class, and it was good enough.
What's the pros and cons using "seminar" and "foils"?
I could not convert the foils to HTML in a manner suitable for
presentation, though. The PS and PDF output were greate, but I could not
find a way to produce similar quality of HTML (latex2html turned out to
be a dissapointment).

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il