DocBook [was Re: [Perl] Designing the Ultimate Presentation Tool]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il
Tue Nov 12 23:16:26 PST 2002

Reuven, I now about DocBook and used it several times. I think it is
great.

The problem with it is that it is very verbose. Very, very verbose. When
writing DocBook documents I could die whenever I have to write
with CSS if it's well-formed can be translated to DocBook quite easily,
using an XSL stylesheet or something like that.

I prefer to use HTML for my tools because it is much more brief and so
more environmentally friendly, and hackers would like it better.

Check:

http://www.paulgraham.com/popular.html

For a nice article about what makes a language popular, and why brevity is
important. Paul Graham says there some very nice things about Perl.