[Perl] Perl success stories

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Sat Nov 9 23:10:05 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Shlomo Yona wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
> > > I use Perl for automatic checking of their C programs.
> > It sounds good especially if we can include that it is used in the Haifa
> > University. The same applies to you too.
>
> Haifa university is not sponsoring this, nor supporitng it.
> I doubt if anyone in the computer center staff at the university
> is Perl literated at all!
>
> This is something I did to automate the process of homweork submissions,
> personal details update, homework checking and grading, and publishing
> grades.

I thought so but I think if we don't mention that you do it at Haifa Univ
then it carries a very low value for the publicity:

Someone somwhwhere is using Perl for checking homeworks....

So if you think you cannot mention the Univ then it is not worth you
effort to write about it.
But if you can mention then this might be a good start to Perl-educate the
other people at the Univ :-)

regards