[Perl] Perl Books

Gil Klein gklein at barak-online.net
Sat Nov 9 10:55:30 PST 2002

Gil wrote:
> I wish to order some Perl books (Oreilly mostly).
>
> Can someone recommend a good store/site that offers reasonable prices
> ?
>
> Thanks,
> Gil

>I use www.bookpool.com with FedEx.
>After paying everything including taxes I am usually at about the cover

>price of the books.

How much does the delivery to Israel costs and what about the Israeli
tax ?

>I also recommend them on the www.perl.org.il site.

>But then I just wanted to ask the same question regarding Manning
books. If I buy at Manning they charge cover price + 8 USD / book (if I
>remember correctly) and then the local taxes. Have not tried them yet.

>If you buy irectly at O'Reilly i think you can get 20% discount as our
group member but I am not sure, never tried.

How can I get this discount ?

>Is there a company in Israel that sells these books at reasonable
prices
>? The book shop at TAU ? What is their name and phone number ?

I checked the price of Programming Perl, 3rd Edition at
http://www.academon.co.il/ (Israeli Store) and this book will costs 345
NIS (+free delivery).

The same book at http://www.bookpool.com/ costs 30.5$ (that's only 150
NIS). But again I am not sure how much will the delivery costs, and
should I pay the Israeli tax when I'll receive it. Does anyone got a
clue?