[Perl] Perl success stories

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Sat Nov 9 02:51:33 PST 2002

I have just read an article about the Perl success stories that are
published by O'Reilly.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/perl/2002/11/04/perlsuccess.html

I think it would be great if we could also create some success stories
that can be published either on the O'Reilly site or on www.perl.org.il

There are quite a number of Israeli companies or local offices of
international companies represented on this list.
If you think your company will agree to publish the story behind the
usage of Perl in your company, please contact either Todd as mentioned
in the above article or if you think you need help from me then contact
me at gabor at perl.org.il so I can try to help you put together a success
story.
We can write it either in English or Hebrew, maybe Hebrew will be even
better for the local community.

I know it is not easy. Personally I could not convince any of my clients
so far but maybe after I finish the first release of my project at
Mercury they will be more ready to talk about it.

I think creating a few such stories here in Israel would greatly
increase the use of Perl and the value of our knowledge.
So basically you'll be able to find jobs more easily.

regards

--
Gabor Szabo