[Perl] Form and CGI to send it help

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Fri Aug 30 03:17:03 PDT 2002

Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Your problem is in handling the file. $q->param() will return you a handle

Oren, you did not tell us if the help Shlomi gave was the right solution
but in any case I'd like to warn you that once your script is ready and
you upload to some publicly reachable server you successfully created a
SPAM gateway.  Using your script loaded on a server someone will be able
to send thousads of e-mails from your server.
OR as I guess you are actually sending SMS-es so someone might SPAM
thousands of mobile phone by this CGI script.

(see the formmail problem)

I guess you should create some kind of a restriction on who can use the
CGI script, like some authentication.

regards
-- Gabor