[Perl] Creating non readable executable

Reuven M. Lerner reuven at lerner.co.il
Wed Aug 21 21:00:42 PDT 2002

    Danny> Is there a way to create an executable out of a Perl script
    Danny> so no one can read my script (similar to C, there is a
    Danny> source but the customer gets the executable

You're asking two different, but related, questions:

(1) Can I create a standalone, binary version of a Perl program that
    doesn't need to be compiled from source code each time it is run?

Check the Perl FAQ:

Also consider Perl2Exe, which I've never used, but which might be good
for your needs:

(2) Can I use this facility to hide the source code for my Perl

Once again, the Perl FAQ answers this question: