[Israel.pm News] Perl Workshop news: First batch of talks approved

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Mon Dec 26 05:43:48 PST 2011

Hi,

we have received 19 very interesting talk
proposals from 13 people.

Sawyer and myself went over the submitted proposals
and approved 12 talks that cover a total of 6 hours 20 minutes.
This can fill one track.

The rest are kept for now so we can give you another chance
to submit a talk proposal. If we get enough proposals we can
fill a second track.
We now prefer talks of 20 min length.

Lightning talks:
===============
We got 2 lightning talk proposal. One got approved as it is a
counter-talk so most likely it will be scheduled just after its
counter-part.

The other one was not marked as approved yet as we are
still unsure if we would like to announce the titles before
the workshop or keep them as a surprise.
Besides, we only have one such talk and we would like
to have at least 6 to make it an interesting session.

Please visit http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2012/talks
and mark the talks that are interesting to you.
That will help us to see how well we are doing.

Late bird talk submission dead-line
==========================

The talk submission dead-line is

Thursday 12 January.

In order to submit a talk visit:
http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2012/

Invite more people
Now that we already have half of the content
it would be a good opportunity to invite more people.
So go ahead, send out an invitation to you co-workers
to sign up to the workshop.

regards

Gabor Szabo
http://szabgab.com/