[Israel.pm News] Perl Workshop news: First batch of talks approved

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Mon Dec 26 05:43:48 PST 2011

we have received 19 very interesting talk
proposals from 13 people.

Sawyer and myself went over the submitted proposals
and approved 12 talks that cover a total of 6 hours 20 minutes.
This can fill one track.

The rest are kept for now so we can give you another chance
to submit a talk proposal. If we get enough proposals we can
fill a second track.
We now prefer talks of 20 min length.

Lightning talks:
We got 2 lightning talk proposal. One got approved as it is a
counter-talk so most likely it will be scheduled just after its

The other one was not marked as approved yet as we are
still unsure if we would like to announce the titles before
the workshop or keep them as a surprise.
Besides, we only have one such talk and we would like
to have at least 6 to make it an interesting session.

Please visit http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2012/talks
and mark the talks that are interesting to you.
That will help us to see how well we are doing.

Late bird talk submission dead-line

The talk submission dead-line is

Thursday 12 January.

In order to submit a talk visit:

Invite more people
Now that we already have half of the content
it would be a good opportunity to invite more people.
So go ahead, send out an invitation to you co-workers
to sign up to the workshop.

Gabor Szabo