[Israel.pm News] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] pod2.perl.org - Perl documentation translation project
szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:47:33 PDT 2009
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Enrico Sorcinelli <enrico.sorcinelli at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM
after several emails, discussions and feedback with worldwide Perl
translators (thank you to all), I'm very happy to announce
pod2.perl.org site and pod2 at perl.org mailing list.
pod2.perl.org is intended to be the umbrella for several goals:
* build a community of translators, by writing the guidelines, by
sharing experience, resource and tools, and so on.
* (of course) do the translations of pods (core and extra) and
publish them using POD2:: namespace.
* discuss about a translation platform for pods (by creating a new
one or better deciding to use an existing one, without to reinvent the
* perldoc/Pod::Perldoc improvements.
* publish readable version of translated pods using perldoc.perl.org code.
* promote, more in general, localized Perl documentation and resources.
If you are interested and/or you are involved in some Perl
documentation translation project, please subscribe to the maling list
(by sending a mail to pod2-subscribe at perl.org). The list archives are
available at http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.pod2/
Currently pod2.perl.org contains a temporary home page. The main site
is under http://pod2.perl.org/wiki (MojoMojo powered) and it contains
a brief summary of translation projects.
Have fun with pod2.perl.org! ;-)
More information about the News