[Jerusalem.pm] Padre 0.09 released

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:24:37 PDT 2008

Version 0.09 if Padre, the Perl IDE written using wxPerl has been released.
Changes:

   Move various relevant menu items into a "Window" menu (ADAMK)
   Rename "Enable CallTip" to "Show Call Tips" for consistency (ADAMK)
   Adding more menu seperators to improve the visual look (ADAMK)
   Always show status bar on Win32, as removing it breaks (ADAMK)
   Added experimental Padre::Document::Perl (ADAMK)
   Added experimental PPI intergration (ADAMK)
   Experimental menu reflow closer to being usable (ADAMK)
   Split out Wx-related utility functions into Padre::Wx (ADAMK)
   Adding common platform-detection logic to Padre::Util (ADAMK(
   If we start with a new file and then open another one,
   implicitly close the unused new file (ADAMK)
   Some dialog cleanups.
   Make sure we can build stand alon executable for Linux.
   Remove Ctrl-Shift-Z from redo as Ctrl-Y already works.

You can install it from CPAN.
If you need help there are instructions on
http://padre.perlide.org/wiki/Download
along with a binary version for Linux.

regards

Gabor Szabo                     http://szabgab.com/blog.html