[Jerusalem.pm] Padre 0.07 released

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 03:30:08 PDT 2008

I am happy to announce that Padre 0.07 has been released.

** What is Padre?

Padre stand for Perl Application Development and Refactoring Environment
but in fact it is only a text editor with an oversized ego.

It is planned to be cross platform (Linux/Windows/OSX), open source
Perl IDE  written in Perl.
While it is still in its early development phase it is already usable.
I have been using it for nearly all my work almost since I started to write it.

** Features

Some of the features it already has:

- syntax highlighting for several languages
- autocompletions
- execute your perl script from within the editor
- list of existing subs
- brace matching
- split view on the same document

** Installation

It is available as a CPAN package but some of its prereqs are a bit hard
to install so installation instructions can be found on
http://padre.perlide.org/wiki/Download

Comments, suggestions and patches are welcome!

regards

Gabor Szabo http://szabgab.com/blog.html
Perl Training in Israel http://www.pti.co.il/
Test Automation Tips http://szabgab.com/test_automation_tips.html