[Jerusalem.pm] Test Automation Tips

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Fri May 23 00:03:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

for some time I thought that the Perl-Tips http://perltraining.com.au/tips/
sent out by Perl Training Australia is a neat idea. To follow my tradition
of taking lots of good ideas from the Australians I thought I'd like to have
one too.

Of course it did not make much sense to create another Perl tips list
but now, following the advice of brian d foy, finally the puzzle is complete.

What I can really offer is tips on test automation. That's something I know
quite a bit about and I don't think others provide such information.

So I setup a mailing list where I can send out these tips.

Go ahead, subscribe to it now as I am going to send out the first message soon.

Of course you might want to know first what am going to write about there?
Well, I am not sure yet.

You might get an idea if you look at my blog http://www.szabgab.com/blog.html
where I have mentioned a few topics already but that might not be enough
to convince you that it is worth your time.

== Planned Content ==

So let me think aloud a bit.

For sure I'll give tips on how to write better unit tests in Perl.

My QA Test Automation using Perl http://www.pti.co.il/qa_automation.html
also contains lots of parts on how to test other thing such as
web applications, databases, file systems etc. using Perl.
I am going to take ideas from there an discuss them on this newsletter.

I am also planning to add information on how to write unit tests in other
languages - mostly the dynamic flavors - and how to integrate between
the tests written in several languages.

== Registration ==

So if these sound interesting, here is the link again:

This is a double opt-in mailing list, just like most of the lists today.
First you have to type in your e-mail address and optionally your name.
Then you'll get an e-mail message with instructions on how to finish
your subscription.

regards

Gabor Szabo
http://www.szabgab.com/