[Jerusalem.pm] Problem - Perl handling Flash 8 file upload

yael rubel yael at oleh.com
Tue Aug 29 00:39:25 PDT 2006

I have a perl script that handles a file upload from Flash and returns a 'malformed multipart POST' error.

I found the following post somewhere that seems somewhat related:

A Flash 8 upload does, that is the last part
has no CRLF to end the header. This patch is for Flash 8 developers that
trying to create RIA with Flash and Java server backend. Be aware that
it just convert the thrown exception into log entry and allows the
application to receive malformed multipart stream. It works because the
malformed part is after the important part and we have no need of the
malformed part.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you handle it?

Thanks,