[Jerusalem.pm] Monthly Meeting + Call for Speakers

Zachary Kessin zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Sun Mar 20 22:19:13 PST 2005

Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I bet you're all waiting breathlessly for this month's meeting
> announcement.  So without further ado:
>
>   We hope to have the meeting on Mon March 29, at 18:00 at ExLibris as
> usual.
>
> Except for one teensy weensy problem: noone has voulenteered to give a
> talk!  While Eitan and myself would love it if we had the time needed to
> prepare fascinating lectures every month, unfortunately we are
> frequently busy with all sorts of other time consuming activities.
> While a few other people frequently help us out (you know who you are,
> and have our heartfelt thanks for the fascinating lectures you've done
> to date), we don't have enough such people.
>
> So please, please, please - help us all out by sharing your knowledge
> with the rest of the group.  If you would like to give a lecture, or
> even just to bounce ideas for lectures around, contact Eitan or myself...
>
>   Yitzchak
I can offer 2 talks,

1) Emacs an introduction, I've been using emacs for about 15 years and
would be happy to show everyone an hour's worth of tricks.

2) 3 Tier Development with Mozilla PHP and SOAP. Not exactly perl but
still (I think ) interesting. I am building an application builder to
create custom applications using DHTML, SOAP, PHP and MySQL with as much
code as possible being auto generated. In one application you get:
  Code Generation
  DOM Hacking (XML & XHTML)
  SOAP
  PHP