[Jerusalem.pm] [Fwd: EURO OSCON Registration --Now Open]

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Thu Jul 21 02:39:29 PDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
The good news - discount for user group members is 15%.

-----------

Registration has just opened for the first
O'Reilly European Open Source Convention
17-20 October 2005 at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam
http://conferences.oreilly.com/eurooscon

Save 400 euros if you sign up before early registration pricing ends on
29 August:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/41/register.html

At long last, OSCON is coming to Europe. It's a new adventure for
O'Reilly Media, and we hope you'll join us in making O'Reilly European
Open Source Convention, aka EuroOSCON, one of the most informative and
inspiring "gathering of the tribes" on the Continent.

What can you expect from EuroOSCON? As our fearless program chair Nat
Torkington puts it, "We have a whole track for business, covering
developing nations, business models, and the future of open source in
Europe. Java, Linux, and Emerging Topics are huge.  We'll have an
Asterisk tutorial and a strong Python track. From web technology like
AJAX, Ruby on Rails, and Plone  to server technology like MySQL and
Apache, we've sought out the most essential open source technology.
We're celebrating the best speakers and unique needs of Europe as well
as bringing over top American open source experts."

We're still fine-tuning the progrom, but some of the current EuroOSCON
speakers and topics highlights include:

- Keynote presentations: David Heinemeier-Hansson, Cory Doctorow, Tim
O'Reilly, Nathan Torkington, Rael Dornfest, Marc Hedlund
- Business: Doug Levin, Donald Rosenberg, Danese Cooper
- Linux: Alan Cox, Luis Casas Luengo, Greg Stein, Frederic Descamp,
Erwin Tenhumberg
- Java: Brian Sam-Bodden, Erik Hatcher
- PHP: Rasmus Lerdorf, Sebastian Bergmann, Daniel Guermeur
- Python: Alex Martelli, Joel Burton, Martijn Faassen
- Perl: Larry Wall, Damian Conway, Abigail, Leon Brocard, Autrijus Tang
- Databases: David Axmark, Theo Schlossnagle, Jutta Horstmann
- Security: Ben Laurie, Marty Pauley, John Viega
- Emerging Topics (Ruby on Rails, AJAX, Subversion): Kathy Sierra, Paul
Everitt, Martin King-Turner

We invite you to gather with leaders, programmers, innovators, and users
of every open source persuasion at the premiere of EuroOSCON. EuroOSCON
is a place where you can hone your skills, learn about the newest
features and versions, hear about open source trends and innovations
from creators and experts, make new professional and personal
connections--and best of all, have fun doing it.
***Important Deadlines***

- 29 August: Early registration pricing ends--as does your chance to
save up to 400 euros. (And, if you're eligible for a discount--user
group, alumni, government, non-profit, etc.--it can be used during the
early registration period to save you even more.) Check the registration
page for details:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/41/register.html

- 16 September: Hotel group rate discount ends. For hotel and travel
information, go to:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/41/hotel.html

For information on exhibiting or becoming a sponsor at EuroOSCON,
contact Andrew Calvo at (country code 01) (707) 827-7176, or
andrewc at oreilly.com for more info.

To become a media sponsor at O'Reilly conferences, contact Margi Levin at
(country code 01) (707) 827-7184, or margi at oreilly.comMargi Levin
Marketing Manager, Conferences
O'Reilly Media, Inc.
1005 Gravenstein Highway North   Sebastopol, CA  95472
margi at oreilly.com  (707) 827-7184  http://conferences.oreilly.com