[Jerusalem.pm] Upcoming meeting

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Thu May 6 03:02:15 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,
  This is not a formal announcement of the upcoming meeting (hopefully that
will come next week).  So far, we will have 2 presentations.  A quick
presentation will be given by Motke on sending files as email attachments
and manipulating Excel data - all from inside Perl.  That will be followed
by a presentation given by me on an introduction to XS.  But, as I said
before, that's not really the main purpose of this mail.

While I appreciate Eitan's effort to help me keep up a really nice series of
lectures on different aspects, the purpose of having the new requested
Jerusalem.pm group isn't so that Eitan and I can give a lecture every month
(or every other month, either).  While I personllay enjoy writing them - you
learn so much in the process - we (Eitan & I) could offer Perl courses if
that's what we wanted.  The idea of a mongers group is like a support
group - the intention is for everyone to participate.

So I once again finding myself calling for other people to take more active
roles of participation, or to try to spread word of the mongers group to
people who you feel would be suited to do so.

Wishing you all well,
  Yitzchak