[Jerusalem.pm] Summary of March 15 meeting

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Mon Mar 15 11:47:37 PST 2004

Hi all,

We had a very nice meeting.  We started promplty at 6:00 PM.  Eitan Schuler
started off with some examples of sorting lists and hashes, followed by
Zachy's presentation on CPAN.  He spoke of what CPAN was, how to automate it
a bit, and mentioned a few nice modules from it.  Towards the end we veered
off on many interesting tangents, but I can't remember them all - next time
come to the meeting ;-)

We had a nice break, found the bourekas and munched for a bit, and then I
gave a quick presentation on how to create a basic web crawler in 3 steps.

We had a VERY healthy turnout of 15 people - for the first meeting, I think
that's awesome.  Here is the name list that was circulated (approximately
starting from where I was sitting and ending where the computer was in a U -
although it went a bit random at the very end)
[Apologies if I misspell any names - they're not all that legible (or maybe
I just can't read) - I'm just gonna do first names to further prevent
embarrasment to myself]

Issac
Miriam
Diana
Efraim
Moshka
Rita
Yehoshua (Shai)
Dana
Meir
Eitan
Zachary
Murray
Yael
Adi
(someone else apparantly didn't write their name, as we are missing one
according to count)

We had short discussion of a website and starting a library - more on that
coming soon, I hope.  There were also requests for slides - mine are at
http://www.beamartyr.net/jerusalem.pm/crawler/

Last,  but not least, we discovered that we are either very busy, or very
unsocial (or both), since noone wanted to go hang out at the mall.

If I forgot anything, please feel free to correct me.

  Yitzchak