[Jerusalem.pm] Yesterday's meeting

Yehuda Berlinger jon at actcom.co.il
Wed Jun 23 00:21:52 PDT 2004

I'm really sorry that I can't seem to make any of these meetings.
Yesterday evening was the final party in my kids school.

I really wanted to know about functional programming, too, since I
had just such a problem come up regarding lazy lists.

I wanted to know if there was a way to break a grep after a certain
number of matches:

	@matches = grep { $_ =~ /$pattern/ } @ReallyBigArray;

Of course I can use a loop, a counter and the last command. I
understand that lazy lists might be coming in Perl 6. There are also
some cpan modules for this, but I don't think they do what I need.

Yehuda