[Jerusalem.pm] Job Openings at Google for Perl developers

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Thu Dec 2 00:34:22 PST 2004

Hi all,
  Marianne Dove at Google, asked me to post this to the list...  While I'm
no big fan of relocation from Israel, I figure that's not my call to make,
so:

Senior Software Engineer, Google.com (SRE)Positions based in Dublin Ireland.
Are you part ace coder, part adrenalin junkie? Do you have a knack for
seeing a problem and immediately discerning the likely solution? Maybe
you've been coding for years, are bored with the old
design-build-review-test-ship-repeat routine, and yearn for some
faster-paced challenges? Or perhaps you're a seasoned software engineer who
is also a genius at jockeying networks and administering UNIX clusters.
We're looking for top-notch thrill seeking, software engineers to join the
Google.com team. Google.com engineers are in the thick of everything
involved with keeping Google running, from code-level troubleshooting of
traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting edge services; from
monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure. We are
aggressively building this elite team of high level engineers in this
mission critical environment. All team members must have strong analytical
and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills,
and most of all enthusiasm for tackling the complex problems of scale which
are uniquely Google. Google.com engineers tackle challenging, novel
situations every day, and work with just about every other engineering and
operations team in the process. Qualifications: .BA/BS in CS, or equivalent
experience. .Strong programming/scripting skills in any of the following:
Perl, Python, C, C++, Java .In-depth knowledge of Unix (preferably Linux),
networking, and scripting languages. .Proven technical troubleshooting
experience. .Excellent analytic ability, strong communication skills, and a
strong sense of urgency. .Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as
out-of-band requests. .5+ years experience in a similar position a big
plus. .Experience with Unix system administration.  For immediate
consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to:
mdove at google.com Important: The subject field of your email must include
Senior Software Engineer, Google.com, Dublin

Engineering Manager/Director Google.com (SRE)Positions based in Dublin,
Ireland.  We're looking for a highly technical, hands-on Engineer or
Operations Manager to lead a team of 4-10+ Google software engineers and
systems administrators for the Google.com group. The Google.com teams are
directly responsible for Google's stellar uptime record, and act as the
guardians and custodians of Google's user-visible services. In this
leadership role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Google users can
always reach and use all of the services under your team's care.
Requirements: .Very high technical competence and strong academic
record..Strong coder in any of the following languages: Perl, python, C++,
Java .4+ years of relevant hands-on technical experience, and a record of
individual technical achievement. .3-10+ years of relevant experience
managing software development and/or operations teams. .Strong project
management skills, especially in deploying live end-user systems. .That rare
mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and
diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically-astute
teams across the company. .BA/BS in CS preferred; MS / Ph.D. a plus.  For
immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML or PDF version
of your resume to: mdove at google.com.  Important: The subject field of your
email must include Google.com Manager/Director - Dublin